Now, I've always been hugely opposed to e-readers. They are not books. Holding an electronic device that you tap to turn the page, is nothing like holding a real book, and turning the page. A real book, with that book smell, and the imperfections in the print. I love them. But, and I say this EXTREMELY reluctantly, I have grown to love reading on my iPad. And, this is only because I've just moved. And, moving my books was an absolute nightmare. As much as I love books, and perusing the used book store, e-readers are just so convenient I need a book, I search for the one I want on the Kindle store, and 2 minutes later its on my iPad.
Plus, I updated my Kindle wishlist, and let all my friends and family know, and the next thing I knew, I had 2 books gifted to me. Ready to read, right there. As much as I love real books, and swore I would NEVER EVER EVER use an e-reader, I caved. I caved to the convenience It's often cheaper, I don't have to find space to store my books, and I never have to pack and move them!
Anyway, that rant is not what this post was about! I was dropping in to share the list of books I plan to read. I've already read a few this year, but I've got a huge list to get through before April 2014!
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a sucker for romance novels. Especially ones about cowboys. I like to read these in between reading 'real' books. Like a palate cleanser, if you will. So, don't be shocked when some of these book show up in my list :) I've marked off the ones that I've read so far.
Two Whole Cakes: Stop Dieting and Learn To Love Your Body- Lezley Kinzel Bootscootin' Blahniks - D.D Scott Lessons From The Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce With Your Body- Kate Harding & Marianne Kirby Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling Stompin' On Stetsons - D.D. Scott
- Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love & Fashion - Virgie Tovar
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Susanna Clarke
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight - Linda Bacon
- The Obesity Myth: Why America's Obsession with Weight is Hazardous to Your Health - Paul Campos
- The Unapologetic Fat Girl's Guide to Exercise and Other Incendiary Acts - Hanne Blank
- Bossypants - Tina Fey
- Oh Dear Silvia - Dawn French
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
- Down Among the Dead Men - Michelle Williams
I'm hoping to read more than the 15 on this list, but we will see. So far, my favourites have been Lessons From the Fat-o-Sphere, and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?.
|Yes, this is a real book. It's the last I bought.|
Maybe, I'll do some reviews in another post...??